Photo Competition 2012-13
Contributed by Nick Lo
The 2012-13 competition runs from July 2012 until a yet to be determined month in 2013. Send us your entries NOW!
underwater australasia is very excited to announce our 9th annual Photo Competition that gives underwater australasia members the opportunity to showcase their underwater photography skills and have their images judged by an experienced panel. The winners each month will walk away with a cool T-shirt as well!
The overall winners will receive vouchers to spend at the underwater shop
- $100 for the Open Category Winner
- $50 for the Novice Category Winner.
Monthly Photo Competition Prizes 2012/2013
Best Photo in the Open Category of our photo competition each month wins an
[Out of Office] T-shirt
Best Photo in the Novice Category of our photo competition each month wins a
Hydro Sapiens T-Shirt.
Check out the winners of the last seven competitions so far.
How to enter
By entering this competition you must have read and agreed to the terms and conditions outlined below.
Logged in members can send images using the contribute form which is also accessible via the members welcome page. Non-members need to join for free before being able to access that page.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to everyone.
- Entry is open to members of underwater australasia (site membership is FREE) as well as underwater card holders.
- Entry to this competition is still FREE
- Entries can be posted electronically after logging into the website, and agreeing to these terms and conditions.
- Only images taken underwater (over-under shots are permitted) and in countries covered on underwater australasia can be entered. Entries submitted must not have won any other photographic competition, either locally or internationally and not been submitted to the underwater australasia gallery before.
- Submissions can only be digital, but scanned slides or photographs are permitted. Please submit images as best possible quality JPG or TIFF files (unzipped). Files over 15 megabyte must be burned onto CD and posted to PO Box 1753, Byron Bay, NSW 2481.
- Submissions must include photographers full name, a title and a short description including the place and date (month/year) where each photo was taken as well as the equipment used.
- Maximum number of images entered per photographer per month is 5 - but feel free to submit more of your images to our underwater australasia gallery.
- underwater australasia retains the right to publish any submitted photo in our underwater australasia gallery, in electronic and printed promotional material for underwater australasia as well as exhibition spaces such as dive shows and in those cases there will be no payment for the use of the copyright. We will not sell or give away the rights to use your photographs to any third party without seeking prior consent.
- Monthly entries will be judged by the underwater.com.au team. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Overall winners will be selected from monthly winners by the underwater australasia team. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize winners will be announced on the website as well as in our monthly underwater eNEWS and occasionally in DiveLog, Scuba Diver Australasia, X-Ray Mag and other publications - winners will also be notified via email after judging has taken place.
- All decisions of the judges are final, and not subject to review.
- Final Winners will be announced in 2013