Travelog for Tim Hochgrebe
Diving Raja Ampat - The Resort Experience in Misool
- In 2004, a group of Europeans set up a resort in the middle of nowhere about four hours by speedboat from Sorong, West Papua. Batbitem, an island near the Fiabacet-Boo chain in the southeast Misool area of Raja Ampat was to be the new 'Eden'.
- Added: February 28th 2010 at 12:18pm
Diving Raja Ampat - The Liveaboard Experience
- Diving Raja Ampat - an area in West Papua in far Eastern Indonesia - has been on our list of 'must-do' trips for a long time....
- Added: February 10th 2010 at 3:16pm
- As the plane takes off from Kuala Lumpur to Tawau I think of one of my favourite songs by Australian singer songwriter Cristine Anu 'The monkey and the turtle' ... that is where we are heading, the island of the turtles and the land of the men of the forest, the Orang-Utans of Borneo.
- Added: October 3rd 2009 at 12:29pm
Attention All Divers! - ARKive needs your images
- ARKive is calling on divers and underwater photographers for their help in gathering images of all the world's threatened marine animals and plants.
- Added: September 23rd 2009 at 1:54pm
underwater australasia Photo Competition 2008-09 Winners
- underwater australasia is very excited to announce the BIG WINNERS of our 5th annual Photo Competition.
- Added: August 31st 2009 at 1:33pm
MIDE '09 - A dive show growing strong
- For the third time I made it to the Malaysian International Dive Expo (MIDE), which by now can no longer be called an emerging dive show.
- Added: August 31st 2009 at 11:04am
Heading North in Bali - Excellent diving and the ultimate tranquillity
- After two weeks of diving around Ambon and the Banda islands, northern Bali offered the perfect place to chill out. A peaceful stretch where you can experience the real Balinese lifestyle
- Added: June 27th 2009 at 3:55pm
Diving Banda - Discovering the East Indonesian Archipelago
- Visiting Banda is interesting for two reasons: excellent diving and its amazing history. Banda islands, part of a volcanic group of islands covered with lush vegetation, have been a destination for traders for more than two thousand years.
- Added: June 26th 2009 at 11:41am
- Earlier this year we asked our members to come up with a poem on why sharks should be saved around the globe.....
- Added: March 23rd 2009 at 2:17pm
Diving Ambon - Reefs, Muck and a Shipwreck
- The island of Ambon, part of Maluku Province located in the Eastern parts of Indonesia between Papua and Sulawesi, is not on the travel schedule of many people, however for serious divers this is a destination offering diving away from the crowds as well as some amazing history and culture.
- Added: February 13th 2009 at 10:52pm
underwater australasia Photocompetition 2007-08 Winners
- The annual underwater.com.au photo competition is over, the judges have spoken and we are ready to announce the winners of the 4th annual underwater australasia photo competition.
- Added: August 20th 2008 at 10:40pm
Having A Jelly Good Time!
- Our recent Malaysia itinerary included a 2-day 2-night stunt to Redang Island in the North East of peninsular Malaysia; escaping the Australian cold for a few days and getting some dives in.
- Added: July 21st 2008 at 11:18pm
Back to Malaysia - MIDE'08
- For the second time in two years I made my way to Kuala Lumpur and to the Malaysia International Dive Expo.
- Added: July 21st 2008 at 9:18pm
Yap, Micronesia - not just a place for Manta Rays
- Yep, it is worthwhile traveling from Australia to Yap in Micronesia – or from anywhere else for that matter. Yap is a unique paradise in Micronesia - lush, tropical and with abundant life above and below the water.
- Added: January 17th 2008 at 1:13am
Palau - sharks, walls, caves and jellyfishï¿½
- Travelling to Palau was not as easy as we would have liked as we couldn't get direct flights from Australia. Although this was a pretty long journey, it proved a very worthwhile one as diving Palau is just fantastic.
- Added: December 19th 2007 at 4:36am