Travelog for Tim Hochgrebe
Tioman Mega Dive - too much fun in the sun
- I was part of a number of international press who were invited to attend this new anual dive event on Tioman Island - which for those who don't know is located in the South-East of mainland Malaysia. A 4 day festival which promised lots of activities, diving and other fun in the sun.
- Added: August 13th 2007 at 6:07am
MIDE '07- A dive show to remember
- I recently returned from one of the newly emerging dive shows in Australasia, the Malaysia International Dive Expo 2007 (MIDE '07).
- Added: August 13th 2007 at 5:09am
Book Review -The Diving Almanac & Yearbook 2007
- Looking up the definition of almanac I found one that probably wraps up this book in one sentence: A publication, usually an annual, containing useful facts and statistical information ...
- Added: February 2nd 2007 at 3:21am
To Catch a Tiger by the Tail - By Richard Fitzpatrick
- Hanging onto the dorsal fin of a tiger shark as it swims is a truly awesome experience. Feeling the immense power and strength of these animals is incredible.
- Added: November 29th 2006 at 6:18am
The Vanishing Dragon - By Carly Maple
- When cameraman Brenton Dean first approached me a few years ago, about writing a wildlife documentary script that would tell the life ecology of leafy sea dragons, I thought, "an entire hour on the one sea creature?" That would absolutely bore people to sleep right?
- Added: November 29th 2006 at 6:10am
Stars in the Sea
- Driven by a love of the sea and its largest fish, the elusive whale shark, Australian naturalist Brad Norman has received a Rolex Award for Enterprise for creating a worldwide photo-identification system which enables ordinary people to assist in its conservation.
- Added: October 31st 2006 at 4:00am
Discovering Papua New Guinea
- While divers and surfers gave envious comments about my upcoming adventure, most other people were full of warnings about the dangers of PNG, but it had been on my list of prime diving destinations for many years.
- Added: February 23rd 2006 at 5:51am
Restoring a Fishery - With Dugongs
- In an imaginative approach to fisheries renewal a Thai scientist is using the dugong as the centerpiece of his campaign to restore fishing livelihoods and coastal ecosystems. Julian Cribb reports.
- Added: November 11th 2004 at 5:36am
- Have a look through our extensive glossary and find out what some of those tricky terms and abbreviations you keep hearing are all about.
- Added: September 17th 2004 at 5:57am
- Sweetlips at Gordon's Mooring, Cairns. Taken by Caroline Swinburne - Photocomp September '04 - Open
- Added: September 3rd 2004 at 2:55am
So you want to be a SCUBA Diving Instructor?
- I have worked as an instructor for about 6 years. I absolutely love it. So I thought I would be able to shed a bit of light on the subject for anyone who is interested in becoming one themselves.
- Added: August 20th 2004 at 1:51am
Shark Bay @ Sea World - A new diving experience
- Talking about diving with a difference: we had the amazing opportunity to have a look behind the scenes of the recently opened Shark Bay at Sea World on the Gold Coast, Queensland and go for a dive in the Reef Lagoon.
- Added: July 23rd 2004 at 11:48pm
- For the months of May thru August this year, divers will have the opportunity to experience the thrill of a lifetime by diving and snorkelling with minke whales. These graceful and magnificent creatures make an annual northerly trek from the Antarctic seas to the warm waters of the Great Barrier Reef ...
- Added: May 2nd 2004 at 3:26am
Getting Spoiled on Spoilsport
- So it really is true, you do get warm towels after each dive on a Mike Ball liveaboard ... This is a trip report of a recent 6 day Spoilsport expedition from Townsville to the Great Barrier Reef, Coral Sea and the wreck of the SS Yongala.
- Added: March 25th 2004 at 5:59am
What nudibranch is this?
- Thought I have to put this one up. I photographed this at Julian Rocks in January 2004. Anybody out there with a name? - please post it in the discussion board or email underwater.com.au.
- Added: January 30th 2004 at 11:39pm