Travelog for Blaze
What big teeth you have, grandma!
- Found this Dragon Eel diving in Flying Fish Cove, Christmas Island. Photo taken with an Olympus C750, manual setting using inbuilt flash.
- Added: April 7th 2004 at 12:01am
If I keep still long enough, she won't see me!
- Just waiting to have its photo taken, this Tomato Rock Cod (Cephalopholis sonnerati) was photographed at a dive site called "The Bat Caves" - Cocos (Keeling) Islands. Camera: Olympus C750
- Added: April 6th 2004 at 11:54pm
Where did that bright light come from?
- Described in the fish books as "not often observed" this tiny Coral Scorpionfish (Sebastapistes cyanostigma) is often found amongst the acropora corals around the Cocos (Keeling) Islands. This photo was taken at Unicorn Playground - viz around 20 metres. Camera: Olympus C750
- Added: April 6th 2004 at 11:50pm
In search of KAT
- Diving in Paradise is a sport I am lucky to do most weeks and in many cases, daily. Paradise is a tiny horseshoe shaped coral atoll in the middle of the Indian Ocean. For those who haven't a clue where I'm talking about - take out your atlas, draw a horizontal line out from Darwin ...
- Added: December 6th 2003 at 1:20am
A Chicks Dive
- What happens when your hubby, the boat driver, and my usual buddy, goes away for a week and you have pre-organised a "chicks" day out with your 3 girlfriends? Well.... read on.....
- Added: December 3rd 2003 at 8:25am
Chance in a Lifetime Photo
- How lucky were we! A manta and our dugong, KAT, in the same frame!! KAT was chasing the manta, (we have seen her do this on several occasions) near a dive site called The Wreck, Cocos (Keeling) Islands. Camera: Canon IXUS V3
- Added: December 3rd 2003 at 2:00am
Beauty in Minature
- Found this Chromodoris elisabethina hiding under a ledge at a dive site called Unicorn's Playground on the Cocos (Keeling) Islands. Camera: Canon IXUS V3 set on macro using its own flash.
- Added: December 3rd 2003 at 1:57am
- Mantas are seen regularly on Cocos (Keeling) Islands and this one played with us for nearly half an hour! Camera: Canon IXUS V3 no flash.
- Added: December 3rd 2003 at 1:50am