Sea & Sea YS-03 Universal Lighting System
Brighten the underwater world with this Sea & Sea YS-03 Universal Lighting System, which has a depth rating of 250'. Bundling the YS-03 Underwater Strobe, Fiber-Optic Cable II with M/2 Connectors, Flex Arm 30, and Camera Tray 200, this kit provides the equipment needed to pair the flash with most compact cameras in their underwater housings.
The strobe features easy and versatile slave TTL functionality, so it is not necessary to manually adjust output. It is compatible with any camera that has a pre-flash and a TTL flash exposure function. The supplied diffuser softens the YS-03's light to prevent backscatter, glare, and hard shadows, resulting in better illumination and more evenly exposed images. The only control is the rotary power switch, making the flash extremely simple to operate.
The YS-03 features a guide number of 65.6' at ISO 100 and a beam angle of 100 x 100°, or 110 x 110° with the diffuser. Its color temperature is a daylight-balanced 5600K, or 5250K when using the diffuser. It's powered by 4 AA alkaline or Ni-MH batteries.
- Features a depth rating of 75m/250'.
- Pressure relief valve for safety.
- Bundles YS-03 Underwater Strobe, Flex Arm 30, Camera Tray 200, and Fiber-Optic Cable II with M/2 connectors. Using third-party fiber-optic cables is not recommended, as functions such as TTL auto exposure may not work properly.
- Easy and versatile slave TTL functionality, so it is not necessary to manually adjust output.
- Compatible with any camera that has a pre-flash and a TTL flash exposure function.
- Supplied diffuser softens the YS-03's light to prevent backscatter, glare, and hard shadows, resulting in better illumination and more evenly exposed images.
- The only control is the rotary power switch, making the flash extremely simple to operate.
- Guide number of 65.6' at ISO 100 on land.
- Beam angle of 100 x 100°, or 110 x 110° with the diffuser.
- Color temperature is a daylight-balanced 5600K, or 5250K when using the diffuser.
- Powered by 4 AA alkaline or Ni-MH batteries. Alkaline cells will give you up to 230 flashes, while NiMH will provide up to 330. Lithium batteries are not compatible, and may cause damage by overheating.
- When the YS-03 is used with a non-Sea & Sea housing, an optional Strobe Mask Set may be required along with the fiber-optic cable, in order to block most of the camera's built-in flash. This way, only the part needed to trigger the strobe will be uncovered, preventing the flash from causing backscatter, glare, hard shadows, or uneven lighting.
- Flex arm features about 8 joints/knuckles, allowing you to position it for various lighting angles and effects.
- Depth Rating 250' / 75 m
- Guide Number 65.6' / 20 m at ISO 100 on land
- Effective Flash Range - Not specified by manufacturer
- Angle of Coverage 100 x 100° - 110 x 110° with diffuser
- Color Temperature 5600 K - 5250 K with diffuser
- Connectivity Fiber-optic port
- Includes fiber-optic cable II with M/2 connectors
- Flash Modes Slave TTL
- Mounting Flex arm and tray included
- Recycle Time Alkaline: Approx. 3.1 sec at full power
- NiMH: Approx. 2.5 sec at full power
- Power Source 4x 1.5 V AA alkaline (6.0 V total)
- 4x 1.2 V NiMH (4.8 V total)
- Lithium batteries are not compatible
- Number of Flashes Alkaline: Approx. 230
- NiMH: Approx. 330
- Dimensions 2.7 x 4.25 x 5.1" / 68 x 108 x 129 mm
- Weight Above water: 15.2 oz / 430 g with fixing bolt, without batteries
- Underwater: Approx. 0.4 oz / 10 g with batteries
What's in the box
- YS-03 Strobe with Fixing Bolt and Diffuser
- Flex Arm 30
- Camera Tray 200
- Fiber-Optic Cable II with M/2 Connectors
- Limited 1-Year Warranty