Far North Coast
Six of Australia's precious World Heritage Listed areas can be found here. Mt Warning which has a rich history for the Aboriginal people, providing a traditional mythology that extends back to the Dreamtime. Many smaller parks, nature reserves, rainforest remnants and State Forests offer the visitor a wonderful experience.
This region also includes Cape Byron, which is the most easterly point in mainland Australia, and one of the best places for seasonal whale-watching.
Scattered throughout the Northern Rivers are dozens of delightful towns, villages and rural hamlets. There are classic country hotels, cafes and guesthouses and an abundance of fetes, fairs and festivals.
The region's cultural mix has produced a vibrant and exuberant regional identity,with thriving visual and performing arts communities. Food lovers will find a new taste sensation at every turn - with an almost unlimited choice of eating houses and dining styles.
A visit to the world famous seaside resort town of Byron Bay wouldn't be complete without a walk to the Cape Byron Lighthouse, Australia's most easterly point.
Murwillumbah district - Photo courtesy of Tourism NSW
In the Directory
- Angourie Beach, Yuraygir National Park - Photo courtesy of Tourism NSW
- Rock fishing off the breakwall - Photo courtesy of Tourism NSW
- Jacaranda tree on the Clarence River - Photo courtesy of Tourism NSW
With average summer temperatures of 21°C - 28°C and average winter temperatures of 15°C - 21°C, both locals and visitors are able to enjoy plenty of outdoor activities including the many festivals throughout the year.
A mix of temperate and tropical currents provide this part of the New South Wales?¢¬Ä¬ô Coast with a myriad of marine creatures. Mainly rocky reefs with coral outcrops.
Most localitlies just off the Pacific Highway. Airports at Coolangatta and Ballina serve the area.
Byron Bay Whale Watching
Whale Watching Byron Bay conduct daily whale watching tours between June and November. Our trips are small and personalised with a maximum of 12 customers per tour.
Sea-Doo Seascooter Australia
Exclusive official distributor and dealer for SEA-DOO Seascooters in Australia and New Zealand. The revolutionary SeaDoo Seascooter series feature the lightest and most efficient personal water propellers in the world at a price that won't break the bank.
- We offer the whole range of Ikelite Strobes, whether you are looking for an affordable strobe for your compact housing like the DS51 or the very popular Ikelite Substrobe DS160 or DS161 which includes a video light option for new dSLR cameras that can shoot full HD video.
Leopard Sharks Up Close and Personal
by Wandy Hochgrebe
- The leopard shark (Stegostoma fasciatum) belongs to the Order of carpet sharks (Orectolobiformes) and is easily recognisable.
by Wandy Hochgrebe
- Named by Captain Cook in 1776, Julian Rocks in Byron Bay consists of ancient sedimentary rock, remains of a volcanic eruption more than 20 million years ago. It is an extension of Cape Byron separated by water and forms a most unique marine reserve, providing shelter and food for more than 500 tropical and temperate fish species alone!